20-Minute Black Bean Soup
20 Minute Black Bean Soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can garlic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 (15 ounce cans) black beans, (2 undrained and 2 drain & rinsed)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce can) diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- fresh chopped cilantro for serving, if desired
- Add two cans of undrained black beans to a food processor and pulse until thickend. Set aside.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Stir in onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, all of the black beans, vegetable broth, green chilies, corn, cumin and chili powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes
- If the soup is too thick, ass more vegetable broth. If you would like it thicker, puree some of the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Take off the heat and stir in fresh lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro.
Please login to leave a comment.